Dmytro Radchuk Boost Asio C Network Programming Cookbook Packt Publishing 2016 | 1.97 MB
English | 237 Pages
Title: Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook
Author: Dmytro Radchuk
- Build highly efficient distributed applications with ease
- Enhance your cross-platform network programming skills with one of the most reputable C++ libraries
- Find solutions to real-world problems related to network programming with ready-to-use recipes using this detailed and practical handbook
Starting with recipes demonstrating the execution of basic Boost.Asio operations, the book goes on to provide ready-to-use implementations of client and server applications from simple synchronous ones to powerful multithreaded scalable solutions. Finally, you are presented with advanced topics such as implementing a chat application, implementing an HTTP client, and adding SSL support. All the samples presented in the book are ready to be used in real projects just out of the box.
As well as excellent practical examples, the book also includes extended supportive theoretical material on distributed application design and construction.
What you will learn
- Boost your working knowledge of one of the most reputable C++ networking libraries-Boost.Asio
- Familiarize yourself with the basics of TCP and UDP protocols
- Create scalable and highly-efficient client and server applications
- Understand the theory behind development of distributed applications
- Increase the security of your distributed applications by adding SSL support
- Implement a HTTP client easily
- Use iostreams, scatter-gather buffers, and timers
About the Author
Dmytro Radchuk is a software engineer from Kyiv, Ukraine. His passion for science started at a young age and led him to receive a degree in computer science from Kyiv Polytechnic University. As of today, he has deep technical knowledge and more than 8 years of experience in the field of software development for several industries and businesses. He strongly believes that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and this is one of the reasons why the development of distributed applications has become his main specialization.
Dmytro has always supported the idea of sharing knowledge and this has resulted in Boost.Asio C++ Network Programming Cookbook, which has become his first officially published book. He believes that science will help us deal with the monotony of everyday life. When he is not exploring another facet of computer engineering, he is probably learning a new aspect of psychology, history, or the arts, which are also of great interest to him.
Table of Contents
- The Basics
- I/O Operations
- Implementing Client Applications
- Implementing Server Applications
- HTTP and SSL/TLS
- Other Topics