Christian Wenz Programming Asp Net Ajax Oreilly 2007 | 6.84 MB
English | 461 Pages
Title: Programming ASP.NET AJAX: Build Rich, Web 2.0-Style UI with ASP.NET AJAX
Author: Christian Wenz
Delivering rich, Web 2.0-style experiences has never been easier. This book gives you a complete hands-on introduction to Microsoft ASP.NET AJAX 1.0, the new framework that offers many of the same benefits for Ajax development that ASP.NET provides for server-side development. With Programming ASP.NET AJAX , you’ll learn how to create professional, dynamic web pages with Ajax in no time.
Programming ASP.NET AJAX offers you:
- A high-level overview of the ASP.NET AJAX framework
- Functional code that you can cut and paste for use in your own applications
- An organization that reflects the framework’s packages, including Extensions, Control Toolkit, the Futures CTP, and the AJAX Library
- Sidebars throughout the book that identify and propose solutions to potential security breaches
- Ways to use the standards-based AJAX Library with other platforms, such as PHP
- A complete chapter on the UpdatePanel control for making individual parts of a web page independently updateable — one of the framework’s most important elements
Released previously as Programming Atlas to cover the beta version of the Microsoft framework, this edition is fully up-to-date and expanded for the official 1.0 release of ASP.NET AJAX. Written by Christian Wenz — Microsoft MVP for ASP/ASP.NET and AJAX Control Toolkit Contributor — Programming ASP.NET AJAX contains many hard-to-find details, along with a few unofficial ways to accomplish things.