Carl Albing Jp Vossen Bash Cookbook Solutions And Examples For Bash Users O Reilly Media 2017 | 6.04 MB
English | 725 Pages
Title: Bash Cookbook
Author: Carl Albing,JP Vossen
For system administrators, programmers, and end users, shell command or carefully crafted shell script can save you time and effort, or facilitate consistency and repeatability for a variety of common tasks. This cookbook provides more than 300 practical recipes for using bash , the popular Unix shell that enables you to harness and customize the power of any Unix or Linux system.
Ideal for new and experienced users alike-including proficient Windows users and sysadmins-this updated second edition helps you solve a wide range of problems. You’ll learn ways to handle input/output, file manipulation, program execution, administrative tasks, and many other challenges. Each recipe includes one or more scripting examples and a discussion of why the solution works.
You’ll find recipes for problems including:
- Standard output and input, and executing commands
- Shell variables, shell logic, and arithmetic
- Intermediate shell tools and advanced scripting
- Searching for files with find , locate , and slocate
- Working with dates and times
- Creating shell scripts for various end-user tasks
- Working with tasks that require parsing
- Writing secure shell scripts
- Configuring and customizing bash